The Brave Dame is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Brave Dame may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 5-1-2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping via Google Analytics.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send emails about new articles and updates using the email address which you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. Remember that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
This website works with affiliate partners. By clicking on an affiliate link a cookie will be installed on your hard drive. The duration of the cookie will depend on the policy of our affiliate partners and we have no influence on how they use your personal information.
Affiliate links are used to financially support this website. When you purchase something through one of these links, we may make a small commission.
This website uses social media buttons from where you can share an article of your interest with your friends or loved ones. We have no influence on how these social media corporations use your personal information. You are advised to view their privacy policies to make sure you agree to the terms of these companies.
How to disable cookie storage
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. You can also clear your hard drive of cookies by accessing the Help Section of your browser.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest or partners. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- when you leave a comment on this website, personal information, such as your IP address, name and email address is visible for us and other visitors. When you are having second thoughts about the information left on this website, please email us at email@example.com
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for newsletters, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also unsubscribe by using the email sent to your provided email address
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.